EGEC now has more than 120 members from 28 European countries: private companies, national associations, consultants, research centers, geological surveys and other public authorities.
EGEC is a member of the International Geothermal Association (IGA).
The aim of our organisation is to promote the use of geothermal energy, as follows:
• In priority, By exercising appropriate actions among European institutions to implement a legal and institutional framework and financial instruments allowing geothermal sources to compete with conventional energy systems, and to secure economic support in consideration of the environmental benefits.
• By encouraging R&D in the field of geothermal utilisation of the existing resources in Europe and allowing the public at large to access to the R&D results and maximise the utilisation of this renewable energy.
• By conducting any activity which is intended to promote the market deployment of geothermal energy in Europe and the export of European geothermal technology, services and equipment to other parts of the world.
• By representing the interests of the European geothermal energy industry and users to governments and international organizations, with a view to improving business conditions for the industry.
• By co-operating with national and international geothermal associations, and with any other associations promoting research on and application of renewable energy sources, in order to join forces to achieve successful development and implementation in the field of geothermal energy use throughout Europe, and to foster Inter-European cooperation.
European Geothermal Energy Council
Place du Champ de Mars, 2
E : firstname.lastname@example.org
+32 2 318 40 61
Communication & Marketing Officer:
+32 2 318 40 63
Head of Policy & Regulation:
+32 2 318 40 62
EGEC BOARD 2013 – 2016
Burkhard Sanner, Germany
Miklos Antics, GPC IP, France
Ruggero Bertani, ENEL GP, Italy
Christian Boissavy, Association of French Geothermal Professionals, France
Pierre Ungemach, GPC IP, France
Thor-Erik Musaeus, Rock Energy, Norway
Marco Baresi, Turboden, Italy
Joachim Poppei, SSG, Switzerland
Attila Kujbus, Geo ex, Hungary
Ric Pasquali, GT Energy, Ireland